Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Jack Brown
Date posted 13 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Settlements Officer is responsible for the accurate and timely settlement of financial products payments. The Settlements Officer will be able to provide relief support to other roles within the Settlements and Deposits department.
- Applying to settlements systems, including SWIFT, Exigo, FOX, OBS, NPS, TEMS, T24 and RITS
- Application of skills and knowledge of Financial Products - 11AM lending & borrowing, term deposits, ECD, NCD, interest rate swaps, cross currency swaps, REPOs, foreign exchange, Derivatives and Bonds
- Matching and confirming Reuters conversations and SWIFT MT300, MT320, MT305 confirmations against trades
- Ensuring all payments are sent and settled on a timely basis, observing the established cut-off times for the relevant currencies and locations
- Displaying excellent customer service skills with clients and other market participants when confirming a transaction
- Providing high level customer service with internal stakeholders in order to settle transaction in a timely and efficient manner
- 6 to 8 years’ experience in a Settlements role
- Ability to understand financial products
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Strong time management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to interpret and follow procedures
- Experience working in a bank or financial services organisation
- Experience of using Exigo, SWIFT and RITS
- Understanding of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing AML/CTF
- Australian Financial Operations Association (AFOA) Accreditation desirable
A competitive salary package will be negotiated for the successful applicant.
To apply please click apply or call Jack Brown on +61 2 8289 3238 for a confidential discussion.