Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Gillian Scerri
Date posted 13 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Market Operations Division is currently seeking to appoint an AML & Onboarding Analyst for a Sydney based role. The successful candidate will be joining the Counterparty Lifecycle Management Team which performs KYC checks on new and existing customers to fulfil AML regulatory requirements in multiple jurisdictions so Macquarie Bank can engage with clients in a risk compliant manner.
- Conducting research on new and existing clients to obtain KYC data from public sources
- Liaising with the client, front and middle office staff to obtain required KYC and legal documentation prior to set-up
- Managing onboarding and refresh cases, interfacing with the CGM desks on any CLM related query
- Screening of entity names against sanctions, adverse news and politically exposed persons lists
- Escalating red flags and due diligence findings to Financial Crimes Compliance
- Maintaining customer data and documents into customer database
- Compliance to onboarding procedures and develops a risk awareness mindset
- Assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Onboarding function including monitoring urgent requests/ queries and aged items
- Attention to detail
- Organisation and prioritisation skills to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Research and analytical skills, with the ability to summarise complex findings
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Motivated, independent and ability to work in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities
- Strong commitment to completion and delivery
- Knowledge of the client KYC Onboarding process and knowledge of AML regulatory requirements
- Adaptable to change and open to overtime if required
A competitive salary will be negotiated for the successful applicant.
To apply please click apply or call Gillian Scerri on 02 8289 3115 for a confidential discussion.