Invoice Discounting Officer
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Gillian Scerri
Date posted 13 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The firm is a specialist in Invoice Discounting and Stock Lending which is a high growth industry and provides crucial specialist support to a large number of high value Commercial clients. The Invoice Discounting Officer is responsible in assisting the Client Relationship Manager in the day to day risk management, day to day processing of invoice/credit note schedules/debtor payments, client failure or termination together with client retention, development of customer relationships.
- Facilitate client funding needs and processing of high volume data that impacts client’s funding availability via a combination of stock and debtors in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understand each clients month end reconciliations and ensure any abnormalities are understood and do not create potential deficiencies in our risk profile.
- Assist Client Relationship Manager in achieving all portfolio targets.
- Assist CRM in managing daily operational risk for 75 clients to protect the Bank’s interest.
- Write-off accruals due to negligence, lack of adherence to approved policy/ procedures or lack of application of sensible judgement to be <0.1% of year end exposure.
- Assist CRM in debt recovery in the event of an approval conditional default or business collapse.
- Review month end reconciliations and other transactional reports as required to ensure all processing is completed in a timely manner.
- Tertiary qualification in business or related studies desirable.
- Experience in debtor finance with capability to identify business risk (eg fraud) is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are mandatory. Applicants must be able to communicate with clients, immediate team members and other SGB colleagues in a professional manner in all forms (ie. verbal and written).
- A mathematical/analytical mindset is required for effective completion of month end reconciliations and other procedural requirements of the role.
- Solid work ethic and capacity to apply an organised and methodical approach to effectively completing core workflow within required timeframes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel is mandatory. Familiarity with accounting software eg MYOB, is an advantage
- Well-developed literacy and numeracy skills are required as is a competency in MS Word and Excel (or equivalent) to an intermediate level.
- Attention to detail and experience in fast paced transactional processing environment.
A competitive salary will be negotiated for the successful applicant.
To apply please click apply or call Gillian Scerri on 02 8289 3115 for a confidential discussion.