Head of Operations - Fund Accounting & Administration
Location Brisbane CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Anna Madill
Date posted 27 September 2018 2018-09-272018-10-26 financial-services 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Since its inception in 1981, DDH Graham Limited has earned a reputation for delivering superior value and service to clients across funds management and administration. The business growth in the past two years has been substantial, therefore a new position has been created for a Head of Operations to supervise the fund operations and fund accounting teams in Brisbane’s CBD.
Reporting to the Fund Services Director, you will lead and mentor the Manager, Fund Accounting and Manager, Fund Operations, working collaboratively to ensure that service standards and reporting obligations to clients are maintained at the highest level.
You will work closely with the Fund Services Director to introduce efficiencies into the division through the progressive implementation of IT initiatives and best practice administrative services.
- Supervise the day-to-day running of the fund operations and fund accounting teams, which provide investment administration, unit pricing, unit registry and reporting support services
- Ensure that services standards and reporting obligations are met within agreed specifications and to required time frames
- Build professional relationships with internal partners and external customers, regulatory bodies, Trustees and Promoters
- Proactively deal with any issues and delegate tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Assist the Fund Services Director to develop and streamline existing business units, making appropriate recommendations where necessary
- Proven leadership ability in investment administration, unit pricing (for both managed investment schemes and superannuation funds), unit registry and fund accounting
- Ability to manage and mentor line managers and their teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure a high standard of accuracy and presentation
- Degree qualified in an accounting/finance related discipline (additional post-graduate qualifications such as CPA, ACA, SIA are advantageous)
- Strong knowledge of investment concepts, investment instruments, accounting principles and standards, unit pricing concepts and practice (including ASIC/APRA guidelines), investment securities taxation concepts and Australian taxation legislation
DDH Graham Limited provides a professional, collegiate environment and will afford good professional development opportunities. The role covers a range of financial products including superannuation funds, managed schemes, and mandates across asset classes.
The core senior management team have been with the business for on average 10 years, which is testament to the financial stability of the Company and the culture which has been created in the business. The focus is on servicing customer needs and continuous improvement on how that is delivered.
This is a significant opportunity to join one of Australia’s leading administration businesses at a senior level and a chance for the successful candidate to make a real impact on the division and gain immense professional satisfaction.
To apply please click apply or call Anna Madill on +61 7 30322229 for a confidential discussion.