Senior Lending Specialist - Auto Finance
Location Eastern Suburbs MelbourneFULL_TIME
Consultant Mel Munro
Date posted 14 November 2018 2018-11-142018-12-14 financial-services 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Our client is a leading Financial Services Organisation, who due to continued growth is looking for an experienced team leader. This is a great opportunity to join a innovative and forward thinking organisation. In this role you will work side by side with the team manager and will be the most senior point of contact for all complex queries from dealerships and corporate clients.
This role is responsible and accountable for the Leadership and development of the Retail Lending Operations (RLO) team where you will be responsible for building and driving a hub of lending excellence The role will work in conjunction with the Team Managers to deliver service excellence, performance and staff development.
This is a busy and varied role where you will be responsible for the day to day accountability for lending decisions whilst support the team and deliver business outcomes through coaching and guiding a large team of credit assessment consultants.
Duties will include:
- Be a subject matter expert across company policy and procedures matters across the end to end retail underwriting and contract settlement process.
- Provide expert advice to credit assessment teams in respect of Retail Credit Underwriting
- Act as final point of escalation for Dealerships or internal customers questioning the decision made by the team and assume the role of most senior technical specialist and SME
- Coach, mentor and develop staff in Lending Practices
- Manager and coach staff capability to minimise the escalation of complaints and disputes.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate TFS and Centre information through regular department meetings, appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Work with Shared Services and assist to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees
- Support the Head of Lending Operations in driving initiatives to improve NPS Scores
- At least 5 Year's experience in the Retail Lending and underwriting arena (Auto finance)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications applicable to the position
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team
- Demonstrable knowledge of the underwriting challenges of distributing Finance and Insurance products through intermediaries
- Proven analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detailed understanding of requirements of working within a regulated environment
To discuss this further please contact Melanie Munro at Robert Walters.
To apply please click apply or call Mel Munro on 03 8628 2203 for a confidential discussion.