Principal Consultant - Energy and Carbon
Consultant Begona Menendez
Date posted 4 October 20192019-10-04 2019-11-03 consultancy Sydney New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 150000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client is a market leading integrated energy and greenhouse solutions consultancy. Your primary mandate will be to take responsibility for the profit, quality and service delivery on agreed client projects. Principal consultants will also be expected to act in a leadership role for one of the sectors or solutions through business development and project delivery requirements.
- Leading the delivery of best practice procurement of energy commodities and environmental products
- Management of cost and risk associated with Australia’s dynamic and volatile energy markets
- Managing the process of analysis of pricing and tariff structures
- Processing, analysing and managing energy data
- Take accountability for projects in area of remit, including the profitability of these projects. Provide advice and support to GMs, team leaders, project managers and project team members in relation to technical issues, scoping and design of projects.
- Ensure that our work meets our clients’ needs and achieves our quality standards and return on investment in training, systems and processes through appropriate attention to project planning, project management, client communication and training & development of staff.
- Peer review all client advices, reports and relevant analysis as part of our quality assurance (QA) process, prior to the issue of advice to our clients in area of remit.
- Peer review of quotes/ proposals as part of our quality assurance (QA) process to ensure that projects are correctly scoped and costed in area of remit.
- Sell and implement PPA solutions across markets and manage creation and structuring: identify and nurture leads with prospect offtakers, support transactions from options assessment to negotiation.
- Develop customer-specific hedging strategies: assessing market participant risk tolerance and exposure, develop bespoke financial/physical hedging strategies, support implementation.
- Drive the development and execution of short and medium-term energy market risk management strategies for end-user clients.
- Develop and implement risk management frameworks and hedging strategies, using a range of hedging options, for energy generators and retailers
- Build external relationships with customers, renewable energy generators, retailers and financial intermediaries. Liaise with wholesale energy counterparties, brokers, banks and traders.
- Ensure appropriate technical, commercial and legal due diligence has been carried out on all deals prior to execution. Review and negotiate documentation of electricity and environmental product agreements including ISDA.
- Assist in the development of appropriate risk measures and risk monitoring for end-user clients.
- Identify and develop new products and services across energy and environmental commodity markets.
- Degree qualified with at least 5 to 10 years’ experience in industry, with specific expertise and experience in a relevant discipline, with a focus on end-to-end Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction, Innovation and Business Development.
- Strong understanding of power, gas and environment products markets, energy commodity risk management and energy trading.
- Demonstrated experience in structuring, analysing and leading contract negotiation for power purchase agreements (PPAs), including renewable PPAs, retail services agreements, tolling agreements, option structures, storage offtake contracts
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Demonstrates customer and market focus with well honed business development skills
- Thorough knowledge of issues relevant to the companies products and services
- Developing and implementing strategies for the business plan and reporting progress on targets
- Understanding of financial principles and reporting
- Demonstrates thought leadership, continual learning and self-development
- Demonstrates ability to share knowledge with others
- Ability to implement process improvement and innovate
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- History of delivering complex projects, on budget and on time
- Leadership skills, particularly ability to delegate, influence and motivate others and stay focused.
To apply please click apply or call Begona Menendez on 0282893145 for a confidential discussion.