Unit Registry Associate
Location Sydney CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Katie McPherson
Date posted 6 November 20192019-11-06 2019-12-06 financial-services Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 20 40 40 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Unit Registry is a specialist team that provides their large client base with daily prices as well as cash forecasting, issuing daily, monthly and annual statements to their client’s investors. The team is also responsible for processing daily transactions received from investors as well as distributions, completing Anti-Money Laundering & Know Your Client checks on investors to ensure full adherence to all applicable laws and regulations.
- To validate and process transactions in accordance with the service standards, in a timely and accurate manner, including applications, redemptions, switches, transfers, dealer & adviser maintenance, unit holder maintenance).
- To promptly respond to queries from the Customer or unit holder.
- To perform AML/KYC (Anti Money Laundering/Know Your Customer) checks on new unit holders.
- To ensure that all daily and monthly operational registry and reporting deliverables for all internal and external Customers are met, in a timely and accurate manner.
- To review and update Customer procedures.
- Establish & build relationships with internal & external Customers. External relationships are defined with the Fund Groups & Customer communication includes: over the phone and email.
- Undergraduate accounting, finance, economics degree and/or formal qualifications in a relevant business stream.
- A basic knowledge of the department’s operational flows - e.g. transaction and Customer procedures.
- A basic knowledge of fund accounting operational concepts.
- A basic knowledge of AML/KYC requirements.
- A strong aptitude for information technology including Excel and Word.
- Good liaison skills across all levels of the team.
- Committed to providing the highest quality of service to our customers and internal stakeholders.
- A basic understanding of core registry processes or SIA (Unit Trust Administration) program would be desired, but not essential.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated for the successful applicant.
To apply please click apply or call Katie McPherson on +61 2 82893172 for a confidential discussion.