Head of Advice
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Ilze Du Preez
Date posted 27 October 2016
An exciting opportunity for a Head of Advice to provide leadership to the Wealth Management Team, deliver the Wealth strategy in Australia and also grow the Wealth Management offering. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the strategic development and execution of the Wealth and Advice offering. The Head of Advice will be instrumental in enhancing the delivery of advice to improve the client experience and outcomes. To be successful in this role, you have the proven ability to lead and manage an Advice Business Unit which operates throughout Australia.
- Manage a team of wealth specialists and ensure that the advice delivery process is efficient and effective and in line with compliance, quality standards, internal policies and regulatory requirements
- Monitor emerging industry trends and issues and develop and implement strategies to effectively meet changing client needs to ensure the efficient and effective provision of the services
- Provide strategic input into the development and ongoing management of the Wealth service propositions and sales approaches and support/drive execution of associated strategies as required
- Lead, manage and execute the development and delivery of the strategy, driving a key strategic outcome to distribute the services in a manner that optimises Group and member outcomes
- Lead the Advice quality management and compliance function providing insights, root-cause analysis and recommendations for the continuous improvement of the propositions and service delivery
- Responsible for the management, development and growth of the Wealth team to ensure targeted opportunities are realised, ongoing continuous improvement and industry best practice approaches are adopted
- Lead and sponsor the initiation, design and implementation of major/strategic portfolio projects
- Create and maintain a professionally competent, engaged and high performing team.
- Degree qualified with a minimum of an Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning (CFP would be highly regarded)
- Member of an industry recognised Financial Planning association is highly desirable
- Minimum five years experience in a similar role in leading Financial Planning Network with profit and loss, business development and growth accountability
- Management of multidisciplinary teams across broad range of advice functions
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislation, regulatory obligations and industry advice practices that impact advice businesses
- Superior client relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in coaching and mentoring a team of professional staff to meet and exceed key business drivers.
The Head of Advice is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join one of Australia’s leading financial services providers.
To apply please click apply or call Ilze Du Preez on 02 8289 3163 for a confidential discussion.