Associate Adviser | Boutique practice | HNW
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Ilze Du Preez
Date posted 9 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your technical skills as a Associate Adviser for a Boutique Practice based in the Sydney CBD.
The business is a bespoke financial planning firm passionately committed to helping their clients. The clients are high net worth families, successful business owners and high income earning executives / employees. You will play a key role working alongside the Senior Advisers ensuring tailored advice is delivered to all clients. The firm only deals with a limited number of clients whose situation, affluence and complexity require a high level of expertise and detail. Areas of advice include, complex Estate and Inter generational Wealth Planning, Investment Advisory, Tax Planning and Retirement Planning.
You will be responsible for proactively looking after client needs, providing general advice and managing the financial affairs of the private clients in order to support the Financial Advisers so that they can work efficiently and effectively. In addition you will also be responsible for the day-to-day administration and management of the private clients’ financial portfolios, maintenance of their financial plan and organising reviews.
Ideally you will have between two to five years’ experience you may currently be in a private wealth business, private bank, financial planning organisation or a broking house and wanting to take the next step. You may also currently be a Wealth Manager or a Financial Planner looking to move out of a big four environment, or a Senior Para Planner or Junior Advisor in a boutique looking to gain more opportunity.
- Proactively looking after client needs, meeting service standards
- Contacting clients within an agreed timeframe for their annual reviews
- Attending to client enquiries.
- Preparation of advice documents (Statement of Advice [SOA] and Records of Advice [ROA])
- Implementation and follow-up of tasks from the client meetings or queries
- Assisting Financial Advisers in the new business process where required
- Proactively and willingly assist other team members
- Proactively look for and identify ways to improve the team’s productivity
- Ensuring all work and client communication is of high quality
- Ensuring technical and client knowledge is up to date and relevant.
- Previous Financial Planning industry experience minimum of 2yrs
- Experience as a paraplanner, associate advisor or junior adviser
- Minimum qualification of RG146 / DFP, wanting to work toward Advanced Diploma of Financial Services or CFP
- Must also have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- Must have financial planning software experience (XPLAN or COIN preferred)
- Good technical financial planning knowledge.
To apply please click apply or call Ilze Du Preez on 0282 893 163 for a confidential discussion.