Custody Settlements Officer
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Alex Thompson
Date posted 5 April 20192019-04-05 2019-05-05 financial-services Melbourne CBD Victoria AU 3000 AUD 65000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
This position will be reporting into the Operations Manager and will be part of an established Operations Team. You will be responsible for providing a first class service to stakeholders through accurate processing and settlements of all transactions whilst supporting the Team Manager and being an SME for the team.
Duties will include:
The accurate and timely processing and settlement of all relevant transactions (domestic/international equities; domestic/international fixed income; managed funds) according to client instructions and market deadlines
• Processing trade amendments and cancellations
• Pre-match and facilitate settlementof external counterparty instructions in Chess
•Pre-match and facilitate settlement of instructions for internal movements between custodian and broker and across clients housed under custodian.
• Liaison with Custodian to ensure accurate stock positions
• Monitor reconciliation reports and ensure all breaks are resolved in a timely fashion.
• Support the team lead
• Training and coaching new starters
• SME for the team, dealing with escalations and complex queries
• Proactive client service, in particular in relation to settlement failures
Minimum 2 years experience within settlements and bank clearing environment
• Good understanding and knowledge of Australian Financial Markets and instruments
• Thorough understanding of Settlement practices and procedures
• Understanding of the Australian payments clearing system
• Experience in documenting work instructions and creating operational manuals desirable
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced professional that wants to be part of a collaborative and team orientated environment with a leading brand.
To apply please click apply or call Alex Thompson on 03 8628 2169 for a confidential discussion.