Junior Data Scientist / Engineer
Salary AUD124155.06 - AUD144847.57 per annum + + Super + Bonus
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Stefan Kovacevic
Date posted 6 February 2017
Exciting and innovative position in a newly formed team. Leading Australian Insurer. Looking for open minded and forward thinking individuals.
Working for a leading Australian insurer you will be working as part of a newly structure Analytics and Data team. Responsible for data management and insights accross all business units you will accountable for establishing the firms newly established data science practice.
As an experienced Data Analyst you’re intensely curious and continually exploring new ideas to understand business trends. You bring data expertise together with commercial acumen to distil information and tell stories that relate to real business outcomes.
- Responsible for the entire data pipeline from warehousing to visualisation, our team is trusted to provide insight into all aspects of business performance as well as analysing strategic opportunities.
- Build relationships with internal customers to understand requirements, identify patterns/behaviours using complex data models and communicate their findings through interactive reports and presentations.
- Design complex and enriched data models
- Explore hypotheses/trends by applying statistical analysis methods
- Share knowledge and coach other team members
- Develop new dashboards and self-service reporting
- Maintain periodic performance reports
- Maintain data warehouse integrity and performance
- SQL development to design stored procedures, functions, tables, views and triggers
- 3-5 Years experience as Data Analyst, BI Analyst or Analytics Analyst/Consultant role
- Financial Services experience is highly desired
- Expert proficiency with SQL
- Experience building statistical analysis and predictive models (R, Python)
- Tertiary qualification in a quantitative discipline such as economics, statistics or maths.
- Innovative and open mindset
- Want and lust to work in Data science is key!
To apply please click apply or call Stefan Kovacevic on 02 8289 3100 for a confidential discussion.