Modelling and Analytics Specialist
Location Brisbane CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Hamish Winterbourn
Date posted 8 May 20192019-05-08 2019-06-07 utilities 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
Robert Walters are proud to partner with CleanCo, Queensland’s new, publicly-owned clean energy company leading our State’s transition to a clean energy future. CleanCo is at the forefront of clean and low emission energy generation. CleanCo will deliver reliable, clean energy solutions at a competitive price for Queenslanders. CleanCo is shaping the future of Queensland’s energy sector and this is an opportunity to align your experience as a Modelling and Analytics Specialist with a growing organisation focused on customer needs. CleanCo will facilitate a more dynamic and responsive energy market through a diverse mix of generation capacity and investment in renewable energy projects to deliver innovative energy solutions for their customers and increased market competition.
As Modelling and Analytics Specialist, you will be responsible for providing modelling and analytic intelligence, identifying trends in customer and energy markets whilst informing traders and market risk functions in order to optimize transactional outcomes to minimize transactional risk’s for CleanCo.
During establishment, the Markets, Modelling and Analytics Analyst will participate and support in the development and improvement of the Modelling and Analytics models, reports, systems and processes.
• Produce pricing calculations for the proposed commercial contracts and financial product contracts
• Analysis of supply and demand; production and transport constraints in spot and forward markets
• Analyse regulatory and policy trends and risk and determine the implications for commercial, financial products and asset strategy
• Model foundation asset and renewable energy project outputs and financial product portfolio pay-off profile
• Identify opportunities spot and forward trading operations to capitalise on market trends and pricing anomalies
• Produce annual spot price forecast for budgeting purposes utilising assumptions agreed by the stakeholders
• Capture market data (both spot and forward) across commodities and utilise in market pricing and analysis tools
• Perform market analysis on spot and forward markets to identify trends and relationship that exist
• Analyse participant behaviour the spot market and determine the implications for CleanCo’s strategy
This is an opportunity to make a difference for Queensland consumers and contribute to a renewable future. If CleanCo’s goal to increase competition in the wholesale electricity market, lower electricity prices, and facilitate a reliable and affordable transition to increased renewable energy resonates with you, please apply
To apply please click apply or call Hamish Winterbourn on +61 7 30322282 for a confidential discussion.