Lead Advisor - Line 1 Operational Risk
Salary super + bonus
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Thomas Ryan
Date posted 1 September 2016
To refine, maintain, communicate and embed the operational risk management framework (ORMF), including policies and procedures for the Operational Risk Framework within Line 1 and Line 2.
To drive and deliver and embed special projects over the operational risk framework, including simplifying Key Indicators, Training and Accreditation, and enhancing RCA.
To input to the development of management and use framework. To embed and monitor the effectiveness of the framework within Line 1, while developing the Line 2 team within Business Banking.
To own the operational risk framework components for APS 115 compliance plan and provide specialist advice on controls and framework implementation.
To refine and maintain the Enterprise Risk Appetite Statement and associated governance processes
To identify Enterprise internal and external emerging risks
Develop and maintain the strategy for monitoring and reporting of operational risk data
To review and facilitate the implementation findings from internal audit, APRA or compliance plans on the operational risk framework.
Position Requirements - Competencies:
- Can build, develop and maintain good relations across Divisions - collaborative, one team approaches
- Issue identification and problem solving abilities and ability to identify practical business solutions to problems.
- Sounds verbal and written communication and presentation skills, and to communicate complex matters in simple and practical terms to small and large groups.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Persuasion and influencing skills.
- Proactive, drive and timely approach to issues and achievement orientation
- High level of drive, energy and commitment to achieving outcomes.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and across teams
Knowledge and Experience:
- Subject Matter Expert over Operational Risk Frameworks within Business Banking
- At least 5 years experience in operational risk including Risk & Control Assessment, Key Indicators, Monitoring, Data, Reporting and Incident Management in Business Banking
- Sound understanding of Operational Risk requirements for Basel II, global best practice and APS115
- Knowledge of industry practices and processes associated with operational risk, including Risk & Control Assessments, Key Risk Indicators and Incident Management within Retail and Business Banking
- Knowledge of financial services businesses and the regulatory environment
To apply please click apply or call Thomas Ryan on +61 2 8289 3158 for a confidential discussion.