Operational Risk Manager - Leading Institutional Bank
Salary AUD500 - AUD650 per day + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 13 October 2016
The Operational Risk Manager supports the Senior Change Risk Manager in managing change being delivered by Projects across the Financial Markets end to end value chain. The Operational Risk Manager is responsible for ensuring consistent application of the line 1 risk and control framework across Financial Markets Projects so that the ongoing management of operational and compliance risks is sustainable and all changes are seamlessly delivered into the business.
The Operational Risk Manager will support and facilitate the embedding of risk management into business processes that enable all first line personnel to assume accountability for applicable operational risks and compliance obligations.
While the initial focus will be on projects and change, it is anticipated the role will evolve over time to support the identification and mitigation of broader operational and compliance risks across Financial Markets.
- Represent the 1st line of defense on change projects to ensure risks are appropriately identified and addressed whilst ensuring business objectives are met.
- Establish a risk aware and safe escalation culture within Projects. Maintaining clearly defined roles and responsibilities across Projects and 1st line.
- For regulatory change projects, work in conjunction with the Project, line 1 and line 2 to ensure all compliance obligations relevant to FM are incorporated into business unit compliance plans and supported by robust compliance processes.
- Assist Projects in documenting and assessing the design effectiveness of E2E controls and ensuring process documentation is sufficient to ensure seamless delivery into BAU. Working with the 1st line operational and compliance risk team to ensure appropriate monitoring controls and KRIs are implemented to provide ongoing oversight of operating effectiveness.
- Ensure Projects meet the minimum requirements for managing operational risk in Projects, including completion of the Risk Control Matrix.
- Provide line 1 oversight of issue prioritisation and remediation
Knowledge and Experience:
- Significant (4+) years of experience in Operational Risk and/or Controls/Audit roles
- Previous exposure to change in the context of Financial Markets
- Knowledge of traded financial instruments and the end to end trade lifecycle
- Knowledge of financial markets regulations and compliance obligations
- Familiarity with Financial Markets product systems such as Murex, Calypso, etc
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrable experience of influencing senior business leadership teams, strategic thinking and prioritisation
- Demonstrable experience of translating the complex into the simple and communicating with passion.
- Relevant industry qualifications (risk, compliance or business-related).
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.