Operational Risk Manager
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Thomas Ryan
Date posted 28 October 2016
Leading domestic bank is seeking an Operational Risk Manager to join their risk function to maintain and enhance the group wide risk frameworks and controls. The role will be responsible for managing the framework and controls, reporting to management.
This leading domestic bank is building out defined lines of defence, and this role will ensure that all operational risks are suitably identified and mitigated as the business expands.
Duties will involve:
- Partnering, advising and challenging the business in relation to risk framework
- Assist in the development and structure of all Operational Risk reports, both internal and external
- Making the business aware of and assisting in the roll out and implementation of the risk policies
- Responding to risk related questions/queries and providing advice on key risk matters
- Responsibility of ad hoc risk reports eg: to the Board, the Group Executive Committee and Audit, Risk and Compliance Committees
Suitable candidates will possess:
- Significant (5+) years of experience in an operational risk or internal audit role within a financial services firm
- Significant experience in a reporting and policy driven function
- Educated to a degree level within a finance, economic or numeric discipline
- Big 4 training is highly desired
- Post graduate qualification and/or risk management qualification
- Detailed understanding of internal and external Operational Risk reporting requirements
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
To apply please click apply or call Thomas Ryan on +61 2 8289 3158 for a confidential discussion.