Market Risk Analytics - Leading Domestic Bank
Salary AUD130000 - AUD185000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 8 November 2016
The Market Risk Analytics role is accountable for the accurate, timely, day-to-day measurement of Market Risk and associated Capital and the maintenance and extension of an integral, modular Markets Risk infrastructure.
The Market Risk Analytics role will also be responsible forrunning efficient, associated BAU procedures. Leads up to three direct reports and works closely with Markets Risk Services in Bangalore, Markets Risk stakeholders and external Global teams.
- Maintenance and timely completion of the Group's complex Market Risk calculations, risk and data analysis, and the distribution of information to risk managers, senior management and regulators.
- System integrity and performance must be monitored to identify and resolve any issues swiftly; enhancements that strengthen risk governance,
- Adherence to Prudential Standards and avoid surprise losses must be conceived, gathered from Stakeholders and delivered through active collaboration with Technology partners.
- Briefing and working with the Global Head of Market Risk.
- Building strong working relationships with the Markets Risk Leadership Team and their direct reports.
- Responsible for processes documentation.
- Accountable for ensuring checking and validation culture is firmly embedded in the Analytics Team.
- Ensure Analytics Team members execute all processes in compliance with Standards and Policy.
- Answerable for compliance training compliance for direct reports.
- Markets Risk experience (5+ years)
- Excellent analytical skills, including an advanced understanding of risk analytics.
- Outstanding leadership and management capabilities enabling collaboration, team building and delivery of outcomes.
- Strong understanding of Technology MIS components and data management.
- Sustained self motivation and clear communication skills.
- Postgraduate qualification in a quantitative discipline (Finance, Science or Engineering).
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.