Operational Risk Manager - Leading Institutional Bank
Salary AUD450 - AUD600 per day + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 9 November 2016
Working as a crucial member of the I.B. Operational Risk team, the Operational Risk Manager will be responsible for providing an independent assessment and identification of risks affecting the operations of the appropriate business units.
The Operational Risk Manager position requires someone with controls design and implementation experience, as well as an understanding of prudential risk.
Key Challenges will be:
- Keep up-to-date on new developments (both internal and external) impacting the business and its operations to ensure that new risks are identified, with an established understanding of risk controls.
- Follow up with management to ensure that audit/risk issues raised are addressed within the time frame agreed.
- Put forward value added recommendations to management to address risks / issues identified.
- Innovation and continuous improvement.
- Minimum 4 years post qualified internal or external auditing experience.
- Educated to degree level.
- Professional audit qualification, highly developed and proven audit skills.
- Understanding of risks and controls applicable to various financial services sectors.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Problem Solving, methodical and detailed
- Strong personal integrity and an understanding of what is reasonable and prudent business practice.
- Self motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationship with co-workers, staff and external contacts.
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.