Operational Risk Manager - Leading Domestic Bank
Salary AUD450 - AUD550 per day + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 21 November 2016
The line 1 Operational Risk Manager role will be responsible for managing the framework as well as reporting on the discipline of line 1 Operational Risk to report to Board, ExCo’s and external regulators.
The client has strong growth plans in the Australian and international market, and this role will ensure that all line 1 operational risks are suitably identified and mitigated as the business expands.
Duties will involve:
- Partnering, advising and challenging the business in relation to risk policies
- Assist in the development and structure of all line 1 Operational Risk reports, both internal and external
- Making the business aware of and assisting in the roll out and implementation of the risk policies
- Responding to risk related questions/queries and providing advice on key risk matters
- Responsibility of ad hoc risk reports eg: to the Board, the Group Executive Committee and Audit, Risk and Compliance Committees
Suitable candidates will possess:
- Significant (3+) years of experience in an operational risk or internal audit role within a financial services firm
- Significant experience in a reporting and policy driven function
- Educated to a degree level within a finance, economic or numeric discipline
- Post graduate qualification and/or risk management qualification
- Detailed understanding of internal and external Operational Risk reporting requirements
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.