Project: Senior Risk Manager - Life Insurance
Salary AUD140000 - AUD170000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 29 November 2016
The Project: Senior Risk Manager will be responsible for managing the framework as well as reporting on all Operational Risks and Compliance obligations to Board, ExCo’s and external regulators as part of their Life Insurance project team.
The client has strong growth plans in the Australian and international market, and this role will ensure that all operational risks and compliance requirements are suitably identified and mitigated as the business expands.
Duties will involve:
- Partnering, advising and challenging the business in relation to risk policies and compliance obligations within the life insurance business.
- Assist in the development and structure of all Operational Risk reports, both internal and external
- Making the business aware of and assisting in the roll out and implementation of the risk policies and compliance requirements
- Responding to risk related questions/queries and providing advice on key risk matters
- Responsibility of ad hoc risk reports eg: to the Board, the Group Executive Committee and Audit, Risk and Compliance Committees
Suitable candidates will possess:
- Significant (7+) years of experience in a risk or compliance role within a financial services firm, as well as 3+ years experience in the life insurance space.
- Experience in a Business Analyst/ Project Manager position.
- Significant experience in a reporting and policy driven function
- Educated to a degree level within a finance, economic or numeric discipline
- Post graduate qualification and/or risk management qualification
- Detailed understanding of internal and external Operational Risk reporting requirements
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.