Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Jordan Jessup
Date posted 19 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Assurance Specialist will assist with executing the conduct risk framework under the direction of the Manager by supporting and facilitating management in the implementation and monitoring the effective risk and compliance management practices.
Also they will assist with the day-to-day engagement with stakeholders to identify areas of potential conduct risks and providing direction to the conduct risk review teams
- Lead programs that involve investigations, audits or operational management in areas of risk, quality or compliance. This primarily includes partnering with stakeholders (internal and external) on the effective management of outsource providers.
- Facilitate and collaborate with relevant subject matter experts (SMEs) (e.g. Return to Work & Support) to understand desired scheme agent behaviours and customer outcomes, and design detailed work steps, review procedures and test plans for the review team’s execution
- Supervise, develop and finalise compliance and risk management reports, guidelines, policies, process maps, briefings and assessments for management, this includes environmental scans, review findings, recommendations and management actions
- Proactively monitor and analyse business systems for potential risks, including compliance, quality, performance and fraud.
- With a clear understanding of return to work requirements and injured worker outcomes, provide primary operational support in the development and delivery of conduct risk strategies and focus on continuous improvement
- Proactively identify, monitor and analyse other sources of information to build awareness and insights into conduct risk matters, including participation in and/or engagement of relevant working groups.
- Lead the day-to-day engagement and monitoring of conduct risk review teams, both internal and outsourced arrangements.
- Undertake appropriate outsourcing risk management to ensure quality delivery of any outsourced arrangements in relation to review teams, including engagement of SMEs as relevant
- Coordinate and administer stakeholder forums, educational and information sessions relating to conduct risk, involving WI and relevant groups in relation to conduct risk matters
- Experience in the design, development and maintenance of risk management frameworks highly desirable
- Experience of the insurance industry highly desirable
- Knowledge of wealth and banking products and services
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of key risk areas within the operating environment
- High analytical skills
To apply please click apply or call Jordan Jessup on +61 2 82893107 for a confidential discussion.