Finance Risk Analyst
Salary AUD80,000 - AUD90,000 per annum
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Jordan Jessup
Date posted 4 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Finance Risk Analyst is responsible for the Remediation of the Unpresented Cheques and Unclaimed Monies. The role will also assist in the provision of risk and compliance advice to the Wealth Finance on risk mitigation for separation activities.
- Assist the Manager, Business Assurance in maintaining a strong control environment to minimise any financial losses due to break-down in controls.
- Assist in the effective control over the Unclaimed Monies to ensure only bona vide requests are approved to release funds.
- Support an effective relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attain a sound knowledge of the Financial Administration processes including the SAP General Ledger.
- Investigate unpresented cheques and unclaimed monies to determine the appropriate legal entity.
- Cancel unpresented cheques and transfer unclaimed monies to appropriate legal entity.
- Review and approve requests for the release of unclaimed monies by ensuring adherence to the Unclaimed Monies Standard.
- Monthly execute the Finance Remediation unpresented cheques follow-up process.
- Work with the Financial Control and Finance Operations Teams in managing work flow and issue escalation and resolution.
- Build collaborative relationships with colleagues to enable objectives to be achieved.
- Ensure all services delivered comply with the clients governance requirements, policies, processes and standards and with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Resolve issues or escalate them as required, ensuring completion in a timely manner.
- 4-6 year's experience in Finance Industry
- Understanding of superannuation and insurance
- Understanding of unclaimed monies legislation
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Stakeholder Management Experience
To apply please click apply or call Jordan Jessup on +61 2 82893107 for a confidential discussion.