Senior Risk & Compliance Consultant
Salary AUD700 - AUD1,000 per week + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 13 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Senior Risk & Compliance Consultant key role is to assist with the day to day management and oversight of the Life Insurance business and ensure relevant regulatory and compliance requirements are satisfied by maintaining the business’ risk management framework.
The line 1 risk, Senior Compliance & Risk Consultant will be brought in to assist in a range of regulatory request and engage with senior stakeholders in relation to the Life Insurance Business.
- Project Initiation activity including requirements gathering workshop input, impact assessments, legal workshops for scheme documentation development and product specification development to ensure that all 1st line of defence items are covered
- Working group project risk assessment analysis, PIA/RCM workshops to support business case development and project management plan creation
- Post initiation phase role as main 1st LOD representative on the both the Product Management and Legal/Governance streams throughout the project lifecycle covering regular risks reviews, impact assessments and risk management preparedness
- Ensures risks and issues are identified, documented, assessed, managed, monitored and reported in accordance with the PMO best practices
- Regular review and support in key program risk management activities eg. RAID register, program risk reviews, audits, compliance reviews etc
- Ensures that changes to business and technology processes have considered scope risk and controls as part of the completion of the Risk and Controls Matrix
- Coaches and supports program resources in the application of the Group’s risk, control and compliance frameworks
- Manages a calendar of key risk processes, governance actives and papers eg. RAID, RCM, Steering Committee updates, PIBC/Change Requests, Board updates, Risk Co, APRA engagements
- Participates in program risk forums and initiatives to ensure alignment and develop best practice
- Assists the project team with the development of action plans to help manage risks and issues more effectively
- Help facilitate the completion of the Integrated Assurance Plan
- Assists the project and business leadership to drive a risk culture in which risk awareness and thinking is built into day-to-day activities
- Monitors the effectiveness of the risk, control and compliance management practice on the Program and develops and implements strategies for continuous improvement
- Significant (8+) years of experience in Compliance/Operational Risk roles
- Previous exposure to change in the context of Insurance.
- Knowledge of Insurance regulations and compliance obligations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrable experience of influencing senior business leadership teams, strategic thinking and prioritisation
- Demonstrable experience of translating the complex into the simple and communicating effectively
- Relevant industry qualifications (risk, compliance or business-related).
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.