Salary AUD70,000 - AUD80,000 per annum + Super
Consultant Jordan Jessup
Date posted 16 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Risk Officers primary responsibility is to deliver effective subject matter expertise, on all matters related to risk management, operational controls, training and continuous improvement to the broader Bank Operations team.
Main focus areas
- Embed sound risk management practices and create a risk aware culture that is aligned to the Enterprise Risk Management Framework. Key focus areas include the identification of key risks throughout the process and the provision of assurance that controls are effectively designed and executed
- Monitor and manage emerging risks by ensuring controls are embedded and adhered to through regular key control testing, regular review of RCSA’s and providing support to the Team Managers by raising and managing actions from incidents in a timely manner.
- Work together with the process champions, to look for process Improvement opportunities and provide support to Projects; by providing process analysis, recommendations for process and policy improvement/changes.
- In consultation with the team managers and the process champions, identify training needs for both individuals and teams. Complete training pack design, training plan and delivery of training and feedback. Own, update and develop SOPs, Process Maps for Bank Operations. Ensure all documented tools are updated regularly to ensure that they are the source of truth for the business
- Develop effective working relationships with Team Managers, other SME’s, Bank Operations, internal customers and suppliers.
- Effective decision making
- Strong banking background
- Demonstrated experience in working under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Effective problem solving skills
- Competent research and interpretive skills
- Project Management skills
- Demonstrated effective coaching skills
To apply please click apply or call Jordan Jessup on +61 2 82893107 for a confidential discussion.