Risk and Controls Manager
Salary AUD550 - AUD700 per day + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Jordan Jessup
Date posted 12 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Risk and Controls Manager activities will include the development of policy and procedures, installing and monitoring of risk controls, testing and reporting of procedures and controls, and reporting and monitoring of incident reports. This role performs independent checks to ensure alignment with the external regulators (e.g. ASX and ASIC) and the firms risk appetites and systems. As the first line of defence this role reviews operational data and recommends actions to the specialist teams.
- Managing all manner of activities relating to line one risk controls.
- Review and approval of policy and procedures of business lines.
- Development, review and approval of risk and business controls.
- Regular review and validation that key controls are being performed and are adequate.
- Reporting and monitoring of RCSA items.
- Reporting and monitoring of incidents and breaches of controls and rules.
- Working together with other PSAL managers on company wide objectives.
- Any other PSAL related activities as directed.
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in business related discipline.
- Good understanding of Finance risk controls.
- Reconciliation experience in a similar Operational Risk role.
- Good understanding of how the team integrates with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area
- A high level of communication skills, both written and verbal, are required to interact with staff and management.
- Knowledge of ASX business rules;
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Strong attention to detail
- Time Management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Uses judgement based on practice and precedence
To apply please click apply or call Jordan Jessup on +61 2 82893107 for a confidential discussion.