Senior Manager – Operational Assurance
Salary AUD650 - AUD800 per day + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 14 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Senior Manager, Operational Assurance role will be brought in to support the implementation and ongoing management and reporting of risk and compliance obligations in the 1st Line of Defence, including the implementation and embedding of the Operational Risk Management Framework and the Compliance Management Framework.
To promote and drive a strong risk and controls culture that optimises risk / reward, ensures risk and compliance are a key consideration in key decisions and therefore, helps achieve business objectives.
- Work across the Insurance business to ensure Compliance and Risk Plans are adequate and up to date.
- Advise the business and help identify, monitor, measure and manage its risks and controls and provide pragmatic, outcome-focussed solutions
- Assist business leaders to drive a risk and compliance culture and awareness in day-to-day business decisions and business strategic and growth initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of Risk Management declaration
- Assist with the preparation of various board reports.
- Work across the entity to provide insights into potential risk and compliance issues / impacts.
- Assist control owners in their preparations for audits and self-assessments.
- Actively contribute to and participate in the wider Risk and Compliance Community, sharing challenges, insights and learnings.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with 2nd & 3rd Line Risk and Compliance Managers and broader business teams.
- Facilitate regular reviews to ensure the ongoing relevance of the risk appetite statement, its supporting metrics and thresholds
- Preparation of agenda and papers for the Insurance Risk Forums
- Monitoring of the Insurance Business Continuity Plans
- 2+ years of specific business / operations experience in a relevant area of the same or another financial services organisation; or
- 3+ years of operational risk / compliance advisory experience in the same or another Business Unit within the Group; or
- 3+ years of operational risk / compliance advisory experience in a relevant area in another financial services organisation; or
- 5+ years of operational risk / compliance experience in a consulting / audit firm with financial services experience.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing senior business leadership teams, strategic thinking and prioritisation.
- Demonstrable experience of translating the complex into the simple and communicating with passion.
- Relevant industry qualifications (risk, compliance or business-related).
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.