Senior Manager - Line 1 Operational Risk
Salary AUD130,000 - AUD160,000 per annum + super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Georgia Whiting
Date posted 9 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
An exciting global brokerage firm/ clearing house is looking to hire an operational risk manager (VP level) to help establish and develop their line one operational risk function. You would be managing a small team and you would be reporting into the COO. They are looking for someone that can work autonomously and thrives in a fast paced environment.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
• Collect data related to controls to mitigate risk for analysis. Highlight data inconsistencies.
• Recommends process protocols and improvements to ensure transactions are executed properly.
• Monitors trend data related to operational control execution. Resolves data anomalies.
• Documents business controls for use in educating and training businesses.
• Serves as lead for support staff.
• Supports the achievement of team objectives.
• Provides guidance and reviews work of more junior level staff.
• Assist in the compilation of scheduled and ad hoc reporting and identify areas of concern
• Conduct reviews on an ongoing basis of operational procedures to reflect changes in the business or to address emerging risk
• Act as the first line of defence in order to identify, assess, monitor and manage the risks that arise
• Create and maintain the appropriate Operational Risk components of their Risk Appetite Statement
• Log and process incident reports consistent with internal requirements and work with stakeholders
Key requirements are:
• Associate's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• A minimum of 8+ years of total work experience preferred; experience in Operations/Stockbroking or securities preferred
• Risk focused
• Detail orientated
• Excellent verbal and written communication, organization and time management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
• Ability to work independently as well as on a Team
To apply please click apply or call Georgia Whiting on 02 8289 3249 for a confidential discussion.