Portfolio Manager - Internal Audit
Salary AUD120,000 - AUD160,000 per annum + super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Georgia Whiting
Date posted 9 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a leading domestic insurance and wealth business. This company is innovative and growing rapidly, they have a matrix structure and the group audit team works across all areas of the business. This company is seeking an experienced Internal Auditor to manage and lead project audits across the group. They are seeking someone who has a strategic approach towards audit.
The key responsibilities are:
- Develop initial draft of proposed audit activity for the allocated Portfolio in consultation with the Leadership Team and with other relevant stakeholders considering key business, regulatory and external risks
- Develop and implement IA’s strategy to execute the Annual Plan for the allocated Portfolio, including resourcing, scheduling, capabilities required, stakeholder engagement and external co source engagement;
- Monitor and report on the progress of management’s implementation of agreed actions to senior stakeholders;
- Provide direction to the audit team executing the allocated Portfolio;
- Develop and continuously update the leadership team on audit risk and control objectives for the allocated Portfolio;
- Integrate input from multiple stakeholders to effectively co ordinate resourcing and audit scheduling to enable effective decision making on key risks and audit objectives;
- Present to senior leaders and external stakeholders (where applicable) at multiple points in the GIA cycle, in order to obtain support and feedback for objectives.
The key requirements are:
- Must have at least 7+ years in an internal audit or risk assurance role
- Ideally with a financial services/ insurance background, also open to candidates from non-FS as long as they have worked in a similar role within a matrix organisation
- Must have demonstrable leadership/ strategy experience
- Strong communication skills
To apply please click apply or call Georgia Whiting on 02 8289 3249 for a confidential discussion.