Credit Risk Consultant
Salary AUD700 - AUD850 per day + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 11 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Credit Risk Consultant will act as the credit risk SME in a high performing, risk team. The ideal candidate will have existing experience with retail brokerage, and exchange-traded options, as well as senior stakeholder expertise.
- Provide second line of defence through development and implementation of effective credit risk frameworks, standards, and oversight for the business.
- Identify credit risk issues, engaging with the business to support addressing issues, escalating where necessary and providing quality, insightful, timely, accurate and relevant risk reporting to management.
- Determine appropriate responses to risk situations and exposures as necessary.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Develop interaction between various business stakeholders across divisions and engage in credit oversight activities.
- Lead the development and maintenance of credit risk frameworks, policies, tools and support to facilitate the active use of enterprise risk management techniques throughout the business in a consistent and well applied manner.
- Facilitate the implementation of the Risk Frameworks, Methodologies, and Analytics across all business areas with credit exposures.
- Experience with retail brokerage, and exchange-traded options
- Risk management strategies, frameworks and tools.
- Regulatory requirements (particularly APRA) and operational implications.
- Compliance and governance frameworks.
- Well-developed credit analysis and approval skills and ability to identify trends.
- Sound understanding of credit frameworks, policies, and processes with the ability to lead business stakeholders.
- Facilitation and business engagement skills.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly excel, word and powerpoint.
- Ability to build effective relationships.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing complicated concepts in a simple manner.
- Problem solving, conflict resolution and decision making skills.
- Applies attention to detail.
- Pro-active, uses own initiative and energetic.
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.