Senior Manager, Operational Risk
Salary AUD750 - AUD850 per day + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 12 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Senior Manager, Operational Risk will act as a vital member of the 2nd line operational risk team, supporting line 1 operational risk and embedding the Group’s Operational Risk and Compliance Management Framework.
- To support and coach line management and the 1st line Risk & Compliance Team in the Business Bank to implement and embed the Group’s Operational Risk and Compliance Management Framework.
- Provide specialist, outcome-focused risk and control advice, insight and challenge that influence decisions, optimises risk-reward balance and contribute to the attainment of business strategy and objectives.
- To provide an independent, 2nd Line view of the effectiveness of the business’s risk management practices and provide challenge where required.
- Leading deep dives into incidents and near misses and providing specialist advice and guidance from these reviews.
- Giving the business insights into emerging risk and lessons learnt from internal and external case studies of incidents, near misses or risk and compliance strategies being implemented.
- Ensuring that the correct evidencing and documenting of the 2nd line oversight is being completed to provide the assurance that this is being carried out appropriately, and provides the required independent challenge required.
- 7+ years of operational risk / compliance advisory experience in the same or another Business Unit within the Group; and/or
- 8+ years of operational risk / compliance advisory experience in a relevant area in another financial services organisation; or
- Demonstrates superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to tailor communications to meet the different needs of stakeholders and differing levels of seniority (eg. Business Heads, Senior Managers and Managers)
- Demonstrates business knowledge and commercial approach to issues
- Demonstrates a strong ability to persuade both internal and external stakeholders, focusing on key benefits to all parties
- Customer focus – ability to translate risk and compliance issues into business / customer focused solutions
- Highly attuned, proactive issue identification and analytical abilities, generating innovative solutions to issues
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.