Risk Manager - Major Bank *6 Month Contract*
Salary AUD750 - AUD950 per day
Location Melbourne CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Ben Wilkie Smith
Date posted 12 October 2018 2018-10-122018-11-11 banking 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This newly created role will play a critical part in a important project for this blue chip organisation. You will be a senior member of this newly created team and be responsible for oversight, review as well as providing risk and compliance subject matter expertise into the design, implementation of the regulatory and improvement strategy (encompassing both strategic and operational elements) within the division.
- To provide risk and compliance subject matter expertise on all potential project related activities. This will involve working closely with other teams within the business with a particular focus on leveraging the assurance network
- Stakeholder management including risk, legal, internal audit, and regulatory engagement
- Provide specialist risk and compliance based knowledge into the development and implementation of the strategic plan for the program
- Support the development of remediation best practice. Previous experience from a similar process is preferred
- Provide first line risk / management assurance based reporting for delivery to committees and boards
- Seven years' plus experience in a similar or comparable role
- Insurance industry knowledge and expertise
- Experience within Financial services
- Experience driving and overseeing large remediation projects
- Experience working with regulators
- A tertiary/industry qualification in Risk, Compliance, Business, Project Management, Accounting or Insurance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive stakeholder management experience
- Project planning and management capabilities
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat
- Strong Microsoft suite capabilities (including MS Visio)
This is an important role and the preference is for immediately available candidates. However, my client is also willing to wait for the right candidate. Candidates on up to two weeks notice are also urged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Ben Wilkie Smith on 03 8628 2289 for a confidential discussion.