Controls Assurance Manager
Salary AUD500 - AUD600 per day + Super
Location Sydney CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Matilda Werner
Date posted 29 October 2018 2018-10-292018-11-24 banking 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Controls Assurance Manager role will perform independent reviews and evaluations to assist management in exercising its responsibility to develop, maintain, monitor, and continuously enhance control frameworks and systems.
The Controls Assurance Manager is responsible for contributing to the design and implementation of an effective three lines of defence risk assurance model and will maintain effective engagement with external and internal auditors, and be responsible for contributing to a high-performing, trusted and valued risk team.
- Perform 2nd line assurance reviews in accordance with the Risk and Compliance Assurance Manual over high and medium rated operational risks and material compliance obligations
- Perform 2nd line assurance reviews over the delivered risk of key projects
- Deliver assurance opinion for the designated portfolio, working collaboratively with relevant colleagues
- Influence business unit teams to embed risk monitoring & control practices
- Commitment to deliver assigned reviews from the annual assurance plan as approved by Divisional Risk and Compliance Committees
- Prepare draft review reports and socialise with stakeholders to ensure alignment with Risk and Compliance Assurance Manual requirements and delivery of appropriate insight and conclusions
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly General Manager and divisional Risk and Compliance Committee reports
- Oversee and manage individual assurance activities when necessary, delivering an assurance opinion in final report
- The Controls Assurance Manager is expected to have advanced experience in financial services and/or assurance knowledge in order to effectively and efficiently design and execute testing plans, review scopes, and reports.
- Managers should be capable of drafting quality reports for Senior Manager review. They should be able to coach and train junior members of the team.
- They should be proficient at facilitating meetings and presenting at business unit risk forums and committees.
- They should prepare written workpapers and issues and actions to ensure they are to a reasonable quality and should be able to draw out and to articulate key risk and compliance insights.
- Financial Services experience of working in either a Front Office, Middle Office or Back Office environment at the Manager level is desirable
- Relevant industry and other professional qualifications, eg CA, CISA, CIA, CFA, FRM, MBA is desirable
- Tertiary qualifications in a business related discipline are desirable
- Big 4 or professional assurance experience is desirable
- Regulatory review experience is desirable
To apply please click apply or call Matilda Werner on +61 2 82893182 for a confidential discussion.