Risk and Compliance
Salary AUD135,000 - AUD143,000 per annum
Consultant Matilda Werner
Date posted 1 November 2018 2018-11-012018-12-01 financial-services 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Risk and Compliance Adviser role is an incredible opportunity for an experienced Risk professional to join a leading Australian bank. Reporting directly to the Executive Manager, the Risk and Compliance Adviser will be a key part of shaping the risk environment of the bank.
- Understand divisional risk and compliance requirements (compliance, policy, legislative, regulatory, audit, and Business Continuity Management).
- Support the Executive Manager Risk & Compliance Strategic Execution with 1LOD risk requirements to deliver robust and consistent project risk frameworks and a mature risk and compliance culture across Customer Marketplace Strategy Execution.
- Build and utilise knowledge of the industry operational environment, financial environment, and expertise in risk and compliance, including requirements for personal advice, general advice and no advice operations.
- Develop and monitor divisional key risk indicators, loss events and reports to identify opportunities to improve the control environment and provide recommendations.
Skills & Experience
- Membership of a related professional body (e.g. Australian Institute of Management, Institute of Internal Auditors (desired)
- University degree in a related field (e.g. Business, Management, Finance – (desired)
- Track record of successful implementation of projects
- 5+ years experience in risk/compliance advice or related field in Financial Services/Life Insurance industry
- Sound knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and Group policies and frameworks.
- Understanding of operational risk management practices, risk appetite and governance concept
- Sound knowledge of financial institution operations and the financial sector in whole
To apply please click apply or call Matilda Werner on +61 2 82893182 for a confidential discussion.