Operational Risk Manager
Salary AUD500 - AUD650 per day + Super
Location Sydney CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jordan Jessup
Date posted 10 January 2019 2019-01-102019-02-06 banking Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 500 650 650 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
The Operational Risk Manager will work as a member of the Regulations and Controls steam of a project which is seeking to develop a documentation model/approach for Prudential Compliance for the Bank. The Manager will also support the delivery of an enhanced Prudential control set across end-to-end processes which the 1st Line of Defence are able to monitor, and the 2nd and 3rd Lines are able to test efficiently.
- Document end-to-end process flows in Excel and/or Microsoft Visio formats
- Articulate the risks which are inherent in these process flows, and to identify controls which are appropriate for mitigating these risks (both existing and new controls) and controls which deal to relevant obligations
- Map existing issues and incidents to these process flows
- Obtain stakeholder approval/sign-offs for process flows, controls and issues
- Present process flows, control wording and issues to stakeholders confidently
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to reach agreement on documented process flows, controls and issues
- Agree with relevant stakeholders actions which need to be undertaken in order to address control weaknesses or control gaps
- Work with 1st Line of Defence teams in Westpac to embed the proposed controls in BAU, and to assist in the preparation for audits and Risk & Control Self Assessments
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with 2nd Line Risk and Compliance Managers, as well as broader business teams
- 3-4+ years of specific business / operations experience in a relevant area of the same or another financial services organisation (ideally Retail Banking); or
- 3-4+ years of operational risk experience in the same or another Business Unit within the Westpac Group; or
- 3-4+ years of operational risk experience in a relevant area in another financial services organisation; or
- 3-4+ years of operational risk experience in a consulting / audit firm with financial services experience.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing senior business leadership teams, strategic thinking and prioritisation.
- Demonstrable experience of translating the complex into the simple and communicating with passion.
- Relevant industry qualifications (risk, or business-related)
- Exceptional communication skills both verbally and in writing
To apply please click apply or call Jordan Jessup on +61 2 82893107 for a confidential discussion.