Manager, Project Operational Risk
Salary AUD110,000 - AUD125,000 per annum + Super
Consultant Matilda Werner
Date posted 1 February 2019 2019-02-012019-02-28 financial-services Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 110000 125000 125000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The Operational Risk Manager will assist with implementing the new Banking i of i across the business and provide 1st line advice to manage operations risk in projects. The Operational Risk Manager will engage with internal and external stakeholders to o the delivery of projects in an efficient and compliance matter.
The Key Responsibilities will be to:
• Provide advice on Banking Code of Practice change initiatives ensuring appropriate change management protocols are being adhered to. This includes but not limited to support of project impact assessment completion, adequacy of process mapping and current and future state control documentation, and control testing.
• Provide accurate and time bound advice and active support on risk matters and policies to enable the business to make commercial and practical decisions.
• Update and maintain the relevant risk and compliance system including risk and control assessments, issue and action creation and progress updates.
• Support the business to identify and remediate control gaps and control weaknesses
• Provide timely review and feedback on key project artefacts, including Risk & Control Matrix, Business Requirements Documents and Change Requests.
• Proactively challenge status quo and identify areas to improve, with a strong customer focus.
The ideal candidates Key Attributes are
• 3-5 years of operational risk experience
• 3-5 years financial services industry experience, preferably within the retail banking sector
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline e.g. business or commerce
• Knowledge of the Financial Services industry including broad regulatory environment for Australian banking activities (APRA, ASIC, BASEL and AUSTRAC)
• Prior experience in delivering regulatory projects
• Proven project delivery and process improvement.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Good relationship building with business stakeholders to understand their requirements, scope and priorities.
• Strong planning, including setting targets and communicating assumptions.
To apply please click apply or call Matilda Werner on +61 2 82893182 for a confidential discussion.