Manager - Compliance and Governance
Salary AUD110,000 - AUD120,000 per annum + Super
Consultant Matilda Werner
Date posted 12 March 2019 2019-03-122019-03-28 financial-services Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 110000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
This second line risk role is responsible for ensuring responses required to Australian regulators (ASIC /APRA), industry bodies and government enquiries (e.g.; Royal Commission into Banking and Financial Services) are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ability to monitor, interpret and assess regulatory obligations (in consultation with the business)
• Ability to build, maintain and leverage working relationships, and to understand business imperatives as they affect those relationships
• Ability to manage, influence and engage across a broad range of stakeholders to implement compliance controls and policies
• Strong interpersonal skills, situational awareness and emotional intelligence with an ability to appropriately adapt personal styles
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to inform or influence specific audiences
• Initiative and ability to work unsupervised and meet strict deadlines, and manage multiple priorities (organisational planning, project management and implementation skills)
• Attention to detail, ability to collect, analyse and present compliance data in line with the organisation’s periodic reporting and governance structures
• Sound analytical skills and the ability to think laterally, strategically and problem solve
• Ability and flexibility to operate at both a high and granular level of detail
• Sound decision making skills in both commercial and people environments
• Relevant experience (3 years+) legal, compliance or operational risk role, preferably in an asset management organisation
• Demonstrated experience or exposure to industry body and regulatory liaison and reporting requirements e.g.; ASIC/ APRA breach reporting
• Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships at a range of levels across the organisation.
• Strong technical corporate governance and compliance knowledge.
• Strong understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and fund vehicles
• Demonstrated ability to think, plan and act independently / strategically
• Good report writing, presentation and verbal communications skills
• Those with a detailed working knowledge of ISO 31000 will also be highly regarded
• Degree qualified Bachelors in Law or finance related discipline preferable
• Any post graduate/ professional institute qualifications in risk management / finance / governance / audit commerce or equivalent in Compliance or Risk area would be well regarded but is not essential
To apply please click apply or call Matilda Werner on +61 2 82893182 for a confidential discussion.