Head of Risk Management
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Mel Munro
Date posted 14 March 2019 2019-03-142019-04-12 financial-services Melbourne CBD Victoria AU 3000 AUD 250000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
A fantastic opportunity to join a global Financial Services organisation as the Head of Risk Management. As Head of Enterprise Risk you will be responsible for the overall Risk management functions with a particular focus on Enterprise and Operational Risk.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will be able to build the risk function and embed the framework within the organisation. You will have a supportive and knowledgeable team around you whilst working for an organisation that understands and fully supports Risk and Compliance.
Your responsibilities will include:
• To lead the enterprise risk management and oversight
• Ongoing development of risk frameworks, policies and tools for the identification and management of risks across the organisation.
• Embed a risk management culture that understands risk and makes informed risk based decisions through training, awareness and understanding of the business risk appetite.
• Embed the three lines of defence risk management model across the organisation.
• Develop a continuous improvement culture across risk management practices, policies and procedures that will enable the organisation to improve its customer experience and enable customer acquisition and retention to be maximised without compromising agreed risk tolerances.
• Partnering the Board, Australian Executive Team and External Compliance Committee to take holistic view of risk across the organisation, ensure consistent practice across the organisation including operational, strategic and functional risk.
• Build the capability of the organisation to manage risk and embed the risk management framework into decision making.
• Provide strategic leadership and supervision to all internal staff, ensuring that all staff operate effectively and efficiently in accordance with the risk management policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
Key Business Relationships:
• Executive team
• Business – Direct & Third Party origination channels
• Risk team
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Senior Management experience in a similar role
- Strong background in Enterprise and Operational Risk Management
- lending authority and/or the development of risk policies and procedures.
- Leadership experience in running small to medium sized teams
- Strong networks across the financial services industry.
- Experience dealing with regulatory bodies – ASIC, APRA.
To apply please click apply or call Mel Munro on 03 8628 2203 for a confidential discussion.