Senior Manager - Operational Risk
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Mel Munro
Date posted 22 March 20192019-03-22 2019-04-21 financial-services Melbourne CBD Victoria AU AUD 190 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
In this busy and varied Senior Management role you will be providing strategic direction for the global risk management programmes along with leadership and oversight of the Operational Risk function across Australia.
• Leads and manages staff. Provides guidance, training, and support to develop staff.
• Develops and directs initiatives aimed at improving and implementing global best practice operational risk strategies for the groups operational risk framework, this includes establishing and supporting the development of strong risk
• assessment, change management practices, internal risk monitoring and reporting infrastructure, targeted reviews, controls assurance, and
• external monitoring programs.
• Provides operational risk management leadership to ensure operational controls in line with group
• risk appetite.
• Provides thought leadership around best practices and new/emerging risks and issues.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of financial markets, securities and general investment themes in order to bring an informed
• perspective to risk management processes and policies.
• Identifies leading operational risk indicators through alignment of metrics with risk and controls.
• Expert knowledge and experience with complex systems implementations, project management, and IT systems design processes.
• Specialized knowledge across the disciplines related to risks in investment management (e.g., regulatory, counterparty,technology, and fraud risk) with core expertise in operational risk.
• Deep, well rounded understanding of the investment process, operations, and technology
• Should be attuned to the risk and compliance guidelines of regulatory programmes.
• Sound business judgement and ability to apply practical thinking in weighing the potential for risk against risk related investments
• and decisions.
• Broad strategic and conceptual thinker with a practical orientation and ability to translate complex risk concepts into executable
• programs and to align risks with business objectives.
• Strong communication and influence skills, ability to navigate, persuade and build buy-in across a matrix structure.
Please contact Melanie Munro at Robert Walters to discuss further.
To apply please click apply or call Mel Munro on 03 8628 2203 for a confidential discussion.