Associate Director, Risk Appetite
Consultant Damien Carton
Date posted 1 April 20192019-04-01 2019-05-01 banking Melbourne AU 3000 AUD 120000 125000 125000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Our client is searching for an experienced Associate Director (Risk) to join their team of professionals in Melbourne's CBD. Ideally we are searching for someone who has previous exposure with preparation, communication and implementation of Risk Appetite Statements (RAS) across all material risk types in accordance with CPS220 Risk Management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintenance of the Group's Risk Appetite framework which is consistent with relevant Group frameworks and legislative or Policy requirements.
- Coordination of the Group and "Risk Appetite Statement" processes semi-annually and as required throughout the cycle across 2nd line material risk teams and stakeholders.
- Validation of content for monthly Risk Appetite reporting and monitoring for the Risk Committees and Board.
- Operating key controls for performance against framework requirements in support of CPS 220 Compliance Plans
- Engagement, communication and oversight adherence to framework requirements
- Maintenance of effectiveness and sustainability of all processes (framework and processing of documentation) as well as driving continuous improvement to ensure they optimally and efficiently meet stakeholder requirements.
- Drafting of papers to the Risk Leadership Team regarding pertinent matters relating to Risk Appetite
- Drafting of paper for Executive and Board Risk Committees regarding refresh or out of cycle changes to Risk Appetite
- Facilitation of workshops with key stakeholders during the semi-annual Risk Appetite settling process.
You should have:
- Extreme attention to detail and strategic thinking applied in a complex corporate environment
- Effective stakeholder relationship management experience
- Experience with successful delivery of significant change to operational processes
- Experience delivering high-quality outcomes, especially under time pressure
- Ability to foster a professional buy enjoyable working environment amongst team members and stakeholders
What is on offer:
- A place in a resilient and driven team focused on offering a pragmatic approach
- Exposure to many areas of Risk Management across the business, in turn enabling you to maximise stakeholder engagement
- Career progression within a top 4 bank
- Numerous benefits and banking discounts for employees
To apply please click apply or call Damien Carton on 03 8628 2104 for a confidential discussion.