Executive Manager - Risk
Salary AUD165,000 - AUD170,000 per annum + Super
Consultant Matilda Werner
Date posted 5 June 20192019-06-05 2019-07-05 banking Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 165000 170000 170000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Executive Manager will lead the support and coaching of division management and 1st line Risk and Compliance teams to embed and mature the Operational Risk Management Framework and promote the development of a strong, effective and enduring risk management culture.
- Practical and commercially focused specialist 2nd Line risk advice on application of the Operational Risk Management Framework and Policy.
- Specialist, outcome-focused risk advice and insights that influences decisions, optimises risk/reward balance and assists the Division to achieve its objectives, within risk appetite and legal parameters.
- 2nd Line challenge and monitoring activities including and deep dive reviews where appropriate.
- Solutions, insights advice and recommendations from lessons learnt and potential risk impacts discussed internally and across the industry, particularly from external influences and peer learnings.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of business risk practices, highlight gaps and risks outside appetite and escalate as required.
- Providing an independent assessment and challenge over the risks inherent in material changes e.g. key business decisions, projects, process changes, implementation of new infrastructure, product changes or launches.
- Driving a strong, effective and enduring risk culture across the Division in which risk awareness and thinking is built into day-to-day business decisions.
- Oversight and delivery of the Divisional scenario analysis program.
- Definition and oversight of the calendar of events within the Division in line with Group activities e.g. APS115/CPS200 attestation.
- 10+ years combined experience in operational or other risk / compliance roles, and operations or other business management roles in financial services
- Extensive risk management experience
- Demonstrable people leadership skills in leading high performing teams
- Demonstrable experience influencing senior stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience formulating and implementing strategy
- Tertiary qualifications in business related discipline
- Risk based professional qualification preferred.
To apply please click apply or call Matilda Werner on +61 2 82893182 for a confidential discussion.