Senior Manager - Operational Risk
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Mel Munro
Date posted 11 June 20192019-06-12 2019-07-11 financial-services Melbourne Victoria AU AUD 180000 210000 210000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A fantastic opportunity for experienced Senior Manager to join this leading global Financial Services organisation and be in an instrumental part of the expanding Risk team.
An extremely varied position that is a mixture of strategy and hands on support to assist in the embedding of the new risk management framework. As Senior Manager - Operational Risk you will also take a lead role on the management of key projects and initiatives:
• Provide Risk Management, Oversight, guidance, support to business consultation and support to business unit managers
Lead risk management consultation and oversight for the cash operations business unit
Identify , analyse and mitigate identified risk posed to the organisation by various business activities undertaken.
• Develops and directs initiatives aimed at improving and implementing global best practice operational risk strategies for the groups operational risk framework, this includes establishing and supporting the development of strong risk
• Provides thought leadership around best practices and new/emerging risks and issues.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of financial markets, securities and general investment themes in order to bring an informed perspective to risk management processes and policies.
• Identifies leading operational risk indicators through alignment of metrics with risk and controls.
• Professional and or appropriate qualification in Business/Legal/Audit /Compliance)
• Extensive experience in Financial Services (10+ years) in operational risk preferably in:
o Banking/Asset Servicing /Fund Administration/Capital Markets/Insurance/Cash Payments operations, at both a First line and Second line level
o A variety of operational and/or business roles, including deep knowledge of key banking regulators: APRA, ASIC and AUSTRAC
• Experience in leading operational risk management initiatives across business resiliency and recovery, as well as outsource arrangements
• Meaningful exposure to risk and compliance and a clear appreciation of internal controls/governance and oversight across all 3 lines of defence
• Ability to collaborate and maintain positive partnerships with business partners while at the same time remaining objective, with an ability to make an independent assessment of the risk environment and business challenges, and work toward practical risk mitigation actions
• Proven track record in making risk informed judgements, based on sometimes limited and/or ambiguous information, and leading facilitation of issue resolution.
To apply please click apply or call Mel Munro on 03 8628 2203 for a confidential discussion.