Risk & Compliance Officer | Insurance
Salary AUD120,000 - AUD140,000 per annum + super
Location North ShoreFULL_TIME
Consultant Georgia Whiting
Date posted 2 July 20192019-07-02 2019-08-01 financial-services Sydney - Chatswood New South Wales AU AUD 120000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, a leading insurance business is seeking a Risk and Compliance Officer to join an exciting and rapidly growing team. We are ideally seeking someone with insurance exposure and legal qualifications.
The key responsibilities are:
- To report to the Head of Risk and Compliance as a single point-of-contact for all risk and compliance related areas
- To co-ordinate and manage the holistic delivery of all compliance support services
- To escalate urgent and/or important matters with appropriate speed and urgency
- To oversee and monitor the following areas:
- Legal and regulatory compliance (e.g. Compliance with Insurance Code of Practice, website and published material disclosures, compliance with training requirements).
- Partner compliance with contractual arrangements (includes aspects like underwriting mandates, claims mandates, pricing, distribution practices)
- Oversight drafting of policy wordings and Product Disclosure Statements
- To co-ordinate and facilitate education and training on compliance matters for Team and Agency Partners
- To engage with partners to discuss and follow through on key compliance matters
- To hold partners accountable for delivery and compliance in a manner that is assertive and constructive, and which promotes long-term partnership
- To productively engage with multiple business stakeholders and shared service resources that support the business and build strong relationships with these colleagues
- To track and monitor breaches; oversee resolution of outstanding matters in appropriate time-frames taking account of relative urgency and importance; and report thereon
- To co-ordinate and oversee compliance reviews of partners. Will involve some travel
- Knowledge acquired awareness and/or expertise
- At least 5 years General insurance industry experience (strongly preferred).
- Experience working in a Compliance and/or Risk focused role.
- Legally qualified
- Skills acquired or inherent abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable speaking to large groups and a champion of plain English
- Excellent project management skills. Need to have strong time management skills and focus on achieving resolution of action items within communicated time-frames
- Self-confidence and assertiveness to have tough conversations and when required, deliver difficult messages constructively and in a manner that doesn’t undermine long-term partnership.
- Attention to detail
- Well-developed critical judgement and analytical skills to underpin decision-making
- Self-starter, accountable and a strong sense of ownership
To apply please click apply or call Georgia Whiting on 02 8289 3249 for a confidential discussion.