Group Risk and Compliance Manager
Salary Attractive package
Location Brisbane CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Anna Madill
Date posted 13 August 20192019-08-13 2019-09-12 accountancy Brisbane CBD Queensland AU AUD 150000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters is pleased to be partnered with one of Australia's leading organisations within their sector. With established presence across Australia and due to continued growth, an opportunity for an experienced Group Risk and Compliance leader is now available to compliment the regulatory, risk and compliance department. As the Manager, Group Risk and Compliance you are responsible for the ongoing validation and management of operational risk and compliance performance, as well as leading continuous improvement of both existing models and strategy. The role is critical to the organisation's broader operational risk and compliance function to ensure that the organisation and its related bodies continue to operate in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
Operating with a high degree of autonomy and independence and reporting directly to the CFO, your key responsibilities will include;
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accountability for all regulatory, compliance and responsible consumer lending obligations (NCCP, Privacy Act, Credit Code, ASIC)
• Build, implement and maintain the organisations compliance framework including updating policies, procedures, risk registers / matrix and audit schedules
• Assessing new products, staying abreast of emerging issue and reporting all compliance, risk and credit programs to Management
• Developing and presenting training programs on compliance topics, procedures and instilling a culture of continuous improvement
• Managing external audits, developing risk based internal audits, investigating internal issues, complaints and investigating outcomes
• Filing appropriate reporting with ASIC and other relevant bodies as required
• Continually reviewing internal systems, automating and improving processes, and instilling a strong compliance culture across the organisation
• Degree in appropriate discipline highly regarded
• Ideally from a regulatory background with proven Debt Collection Experience - ACCC or ASSIC
• Experience with the Australian credit Licence Regime
• Strong ability to influence, handle complaints and liaise with EDR/ IDR schemes
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to interpret complex regulatory policies
• Commercial acumen, a practical approach and ability to manage competing priorities
To apply please click apply or call Hamish Winterbourn or Anna Madill on 07 3032 2282 for a confidential conversation.
To apply please click apply or call Anna Madill on +61 7 30322229 for a confidential discussion.