AUD750 - AUD850 per annum + Super
3 September 2019
New South Wales
The purpose of the role is to take the lead in delivering to the business consistent and fit for purpose Compliance management practices by coordinating the regulatory compliance components of the remediation project
The Compliance Executive is required to perform all the duties of a dedicated Line 2 Compliance Advisor for NCCP Remediation, including
- Coordinate and oversee all correspondence with the Consumer Regulator (ASIC) regarding the project and remediation
- Advise and support the project to to identify obligations and licensing requirements and amend Business Lending processes to ensure compliance with the National Consumer Credit Protection Act (“NCCP”) and Regulations (2010) Cth and all relevant ASIC Regulatory Guides driven by the NCCP. This will include assisting the business and project to amend business processes relating to:
- Default and Enforcement
- Pre-contractual and contractual disclosure
- Ongoing notifications / updates
- Prescribed forms – trigger-based notices or responses to requests
- Product suitability and Responsible Lending
- Advise and support the project to amend Business Lending processes to comply with the NCCP and relates regulatory instruments.
- Partner the business to understand and adhere to varied regulatory obligations, licensing requirements, group compliance policies and customer/community expectations across small business lending, including NCCP in respect to its application to “natural persons” that are business customers (Sole trades. Partnerships, trusts, etc.) with the provision of tailored training and education services to uplift the business’ understanding of NCCP compliance requirements
- In depth knowledge of financial services regulatory and industry regimes.
- Compliance advisory experience; specific to either Commercial/Business Lending or Consumer
- Sound reasoning and decision making skills with an ability to support decisions and clearly articulate commercial, regulatory and customer implications of analysis and findings.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively and interact/advise in verbal/written communications at all stakeholder levels.
- Strategic and analytical thinking and solid business acumen.
- In your delivery of compliance advice, you must be helpful, solution-oriented and commercial, while still ensuring compliance with both the letter and spirit of the NCCP.
To apply please click apply or call Matilda Werner on +61 2 82893182 for a confidential discussion.