Risk and Controls Manager
Salary AUD110,000 - AUD115,000 per annum + Super
Consultant Matilda Werner
Date posted 10 September 20192019-09-12 2019-10-10 banking Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 110000 115000 115000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Manager Risk Assurance role sits within the Consumer Bank Risk Assurance team and will execute reviews and evaluations that will assist management in exercising its responsibility to develop, maintain, monitor and continuously enhance control frameworks and systems.
- Responsible for execution of reviews across portfolio consisting of business units within Business Bank and accountable for relationships at GM-2 level or delegates
- Ensures assurance testing and monitoring programs are aligned to and support the Group Risk strategy and Compliance target areas
- Provide 2nd line assurance over high and medium rated operational risks and compliance obligations
- Provide 2nd line assurance over the delivered risk (i.e. to-be controls) of high rated projects
- Influence business unit to embed risk monitoring & control practices.
- Identify issue and report trends, including root cause analysis of issues to support input in quarterly General Manager and divisional Risk and Compliance Committee reports.
- Maintains external audit and Group Audit relationships to achieve a coordinated and integrated program of assurance.
- Experience in delivering written work papers, writing issues, root cause analysis and recommendations, to ensure they are to a reasonable quality. Ability to draw out and articulate key risk and compliance insights.
- Tertiary qualifications in a business-related discipline.
- Relevant industry and other professional qualifications, e.g. CA, CPA, CISA, CIA, CFA, FRM, MBA (desirable).
- Big 4 or professional assurance or Audit experience
To apply please click apply or call Matilda Werner on +61 2 82893182 for a confidential discussion.