Senior Manager - Line 1 Risk
Salary AUD130,000 - AUD150,000 per annum + + Super
Location Sydney CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jordan Jessup
Date posted 3 October 20192019-10-04 2019-11-02 banking Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The line 1 risk Senior Manager will: * Support the delivery of the Operational Risk Management Framework in co-ordination with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOx) compliance, APRA compliance, regulatory requirements and internal policies, frameworks and guidelines as they impact the institutional bank. * Assist in the monitoring and management (within appetite) of operational and compliance risks. * Drive a strong, embedded risk culture that optimises risk/reward and helps achieve efficient business objectives. * Perform continual review, rationalisation and improvement of the existing risk management and compliance processes, and procedures, and implement solutions as required.
Provide support to both the Chief Executive and the Head of Strategy, Transformation and Risk through:
- Implementing outcome-focused, risk and control solutions for issues impacting more than one of the institutional Business Units.
- Providing risk advice and ensuring Strategy, Transformation and Risk projects comply with Operational Risk Projects policy and guidelines.
- Supporting the ongoing Design and Operating Effectiveness assessment of controls by the 1LoD and active participant in risk management.
- Driving and embedding a risk and compliance culture and awareness in day-to-day business decisions and business strategic initiatives.
- Support the EM 1LoD Risk with strategic initiatives relating to institutional Risk and Compliance matters.
- Coordinate and manage business continuity planning and crisis management.
- Working with business units to ensure they have the appropriate key controls in place to support compliance with risk management frameworks.
- Increasing understanding of the linkages and inter-dependencies between controls and processes across key elements of the end to end value chains.
- Identifying and documenting key controls. Identifying opportunities to close priority control gaps and simplify, standardise and automate key controls.
- 5+ years of operational risk / compliance management experience in the same or another Business Unit within the Group; or
- 5+ years of operational risk / compliance management experience in a relevant area in another financial services organisation; or
- 5+ years of operational risk / compliance management experience in a consulting / audit firm with financial services experience.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing senior business leadership teams, strategic thinking and prioritisation.
- Demonstrable experience of strong interpersonal and communication skills representing your team effectively and communicating clearly with colleagues on complex matters that often require simplified explanations.
- Proven ability of supporting the development of a high-performance culture.
- Strong attention to detail and verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction to and influence peers and stakeholders.
- Relevant industry qualifications (risk, compliance or business-related).
To apply please click apply or call Jordan Jessup on +61 2 82893107 for a confidential discussion.