Associate Director | 1st Line Risk | Legal & Governance
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Georgia Whiting
Date posted 4 October 20192019-10-04 2019-11-03 financial-services Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 180000 220000 220000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is an opportunity to develop a newly created function, that is focused on developing and integrating strong risk, controls and assurance practices across the Legal and Governance group of a global Australian Bank. This is an incredibly important and high profile position and will require excellent communication and negotiation skills as well as a depth of knowledge in the risk management field.
The Key Responsibilities Include:
- Execution of operational risk management practices and providing expert operational risk advice to legal and governance professionals
- Assess operational risks, including technology risk, and related controls
- Provide guidance and training on the identification and management of operational risk within Legal and Governance
- Investigate of operational issues and control breakdowns
- Ensure appropriate frameworks are in place and a strong risk management culture
- Proactively identifying operational risks and assessing the adequacy of controls
- Design and complete control assurance testing on critical controls and present results to senior management
The Key Requirements Include:
- We are seeking risk professionals with 10+ years in an operational risk management/ internal audit environment, ideally within financial services
- Some exposure to legal or governance would be highly advantageous
- Some experience of operational risk management for an advisory service is preferred but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills are essential
To apply please click apply or call Georgia Whiting on 02 8289 3249 for a confidential discussion.