Operational Risk Manager
Salary AUD80,000 - AUD100,000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jordan Jessup
Date posted 28 October 20192019-10-29 2019-11-27 banking Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 80000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Operational Risk Manager will Report to the Head/Deputy head of Risk Management and assit the team, helping maintain and implement Branch relevant policies and procedures (e.g. operational, incident and breach, fraud, risk management framework) ensuring alignment with the Bank’s risk management objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update Branch operational risk policies and procedures with regards to regulatory updates and risk management principles.
- Implement risk management framework and relevant policies and procedures in the daily operating.
- Update and monitor the Bank’s risk limits in accordance with principles stated in relevant policies (e.g. Operational, Incident Management, etc.)
- Implement and monitor risk management processes and activities, such as operational risk management etc.
- Conduct half-yearly operational risk assessment and identify main operational risks and top risks in the Branch.
- Assist the business units in developing risk profiles and identifying main risks. Assist in establishing improved process and control framework.
- Review and assess potential risks associated with new products and processes.
- Assist Department Head to coordinate with external parties (such as APRA, internal and external auditors.)
- Maintain operational risk relevant documents and prepare analysis reports to Management and Committee.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English
- Tertiary qualified or above in finance/business
- Solid understanding of APRA and other regulatory requirements
- Detailed knowledge of principles, practices, theories and concepts relating to operational risk management
- Strong risk background with 5 years’ experience in a banking environment (at least 3 years’ operational risk management)
- High attention to detail skill is essential
- The ability to work in a team, excellent interpersonal skills are desirable
To apply please click apply or call Jordan Jessup on +61 2 82893107 for a confidential discussion.