Consultant Arushi Bhatia
Date posted 11 November 20192019-11-13 2019-12-11 financial-services Sydney New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 65000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Working as part of the Client Onboarding team from our office in Sydney you will be responsible for conducting initial customer due diligence on corporate and private clients brought on by our sales teams across Asia Pacific region and around the world.
- Performing Customer Due Diligence on new and existing clients in line with relevant regulatory and company standards.
- Obtain and review documentation and reference data to ensure that all regulatory AML and KYC requirements are adhered prior to account activation.
- Identify key risks posed by potential clients, including legal structure, industry sector, customer base, delivery channel and/or reputation.
- Undertaking individual identity verification checks.
- Unwrapping beneficial ownership structures.
- Reviewing hits on sanctions data and ruling out or escalating as appropriate.
- Checking and documenting KYC ('know your customer') information.
- Conducting monitoring on existing clients and updating data accordingly.
- Supporting sales colleagues in other offices with questions about the client onboarding process.
- Training of client-facing front-office staff in AML/CTF risks, and associated processes.
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role or in onboarding.
- Basic knowledge of KYC, AML/Compliance and/or FX trading.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, high-change environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload appropriately.
Competitive salary will be negotiated.
To apply please click apply or call Arushi Bhatia on +61 2 8289 3190 for a confidential discussion.