Communications and Change Manager
Salary AUD750 - AUD850 per day + incl super
Consultant Gus Jansen
Date posted 1 December 2016
As the Communications and Change Manager you will make things happen in concert with the strategy, vision and values. This will require providing insights in the change process and outcomes, coaching leaders and facilitating the achievement of change objectives with the intent of building change capability and agility to execute change.
The Communications and Change Manager will be responsible for providing an extraordinary experience for the company’s customers, which means delivering a faster and better experience than ever before. This will see you identify and map the key stakeholders, review detailed change plans, work closely with the business unit people team, coach and support leaders and staff on the change journey, and conduct ongoing assessments.
- Lead the development of a detailed stream change management plan
- Build relationships and manage stakeholder engagement
- Build change readiness and acceptance within the organisation
- Be an advocate for the employee experience and help to deliver the people transition
- Undertake analysis of all change requirements and develop appropriate change management solutions and products to support the delivery of project objectives.
- Develop a range of change management documentation in collaboration with functional teams, including strategies, plans, briefing papers, communications material, training material and reports associated with the change management process.
- Undertake change impact assessments, analyse strategic change requirements and develop appropriate change management plans and strategies to ensure successful project delivery and support the transition process.
- Identify relevant stakeholders for projects, develop and maintain a register of stakeholder profiles to enable effective communication to all stakeholder groups and facilitate stakeholder engagement to support the change management process.
- Analyse training needs and requirements and develop training material in consultation with key stakeholders and project partners to ensure that training delivery meets the project requirements.
- Ability to deliver training and briefing sessions to end users and impacted stakeholders if required.
- Provide high level advice and support to the Program Change Manager, Project Managers, project team and other key stakeholders on change management activities at a project level.
- Undertake readiness assessments to assess the organisation’s readiness for change and develop plans to address any gaps.
- Monitor the effectiveness of communication and engagement strategies to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring and evaluating client uptake, including the causes.
- Contribute to technical solutions based upon improving organisational effectiveness and mitigating impact and risk to the organisation and its people.
- Contribute to the facilitation, analysis and implementation of new processes, ways of working and behavioural change.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure all internal and external stakeholders are kept informed of the status and progress of change activities.
- Work collaboratively with the project team in guiding stakeholders in their operational areas through the change cycle.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience in a change manager role
- Prosci Change Management Certification highly favourable
- Appreciative inquiry experience desired
- Proven ability in developing and implementing change management methodologies
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a successful change in a large technology transformation project
Required Soft Skills:
- Have excellent analytical, strategic thinking and thought leadership skills
- Demonstrate methods of communicating and implementing change strategies to business and technology stakeholder management
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated skills in preparing senior stakeholders communication documents
- Have the ability to think outside the box, be creative, self motivated and resilient
To apply please click apply or call Gus Jansen on 02 8289 3100 for a confidential discussion.