Chief Operating Officer
Consultant Ella Morgan
Date posted 26 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Join a global industry leader with a 120-year history as a leading culinary arts educator. Provide strategic direction within an iconic institution offering vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate studies in culinary arts and hospitality management. With world-class institutes in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, you’ll oversee the national operations of an expanding organisation that welcomes approximately 2,000 students from 20 countries every year.
Provide leadership to a team who are passionate about making an enduring contribution to the culinary arts and hospitality industry within an organisation that continuously strives to be an employer of choice and promotes a multicultural and inclusive culture.
As the Chief Operating Officer (COO), your objective will be to review, redesign and implement business operations processes and procedures across Finance, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources and Information Technology functions. This is where you will demonstrate forward thinking business controls and develop the business both internally and externally via improved systems and procedures that meet the organisations strategic objectives.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be required to work closely with the President and Dean. Your responsibilities will include;
- Manage, advise and execute the desired strategic objectives set by the Board
- Design a framework to implement strategy into operations
- Manage the strategic assets of the organisation and drive key change and transformation initiatives
- Review and define financial reporting processes to contribute to an efficient operating model
- Develop and manage commercial relationship opportunities through accomplished business development activity
- Support the develop of effective global marketing and promotional strategies (including digital) to partner with the strategic plan
- Manage the launch and implementation of an online teaching platform
- Establish a supportive and accountable culture that will continue to promote professional development opportunities across the organisation
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration or equivalent
- Previous and proven experience as Chief Operating Officer or similar, with evidence of working effectively as a partner to Executive management of a multi-divisional organisation
- Proven competency in strategic planning and change management
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting and implementing strategic vision into an operational model
- A collaborative and flexible working style, with strong communication skills – both internally and externally
- High level of experience in tertiary education (preferably dual sector)
In addition to your business acumen and leadership skills, you will be a strong communicator with the ability to view situations through multiple lenses, harness a team of passionate values-driven employees and empower others to ensure accountability. A background in the higher education sector will be an advantage, as you will need to demonstrate/articulate relevance to this sector.
Applications close Friday 20th July 2018.
To apply please click apply or call Ella Morgan on 08 8216 3553 for a confidential discussion.